SDHC has set up a ‘Hot Site’ at Brodrick Close, Hampden Park, Eastbourne BN22 9NQ. If your GP thinks you might have COVID-19 but wants you to be seen, they will refer you here.
We have a team of doctors, nurses, paramedics and volunteers to look after you.
After your GP refers you, we will call you to find out more and to let you know what to do next. If you are invited to the Primary Care Hub, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the toilet before leaving.
- Come in your car. You should not walk or use public transport.
- When you arrive you can park in the car park marked ‘staff only’. There is a lay-by right by the entrance door which you may be asked to park in.
- Only come to the front door at the time of your appointment and not before. If others are waiting please ensure you keep at least 2 metres between you. Stay in your car until called or met if this is what you have been told to do.
- When you enter the hub, you will be asked to put on a mask and directed to make your way straight to the consultation room or the chair outside of it. Please maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from all staff unless they approach you. Our staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- An appropriately trained paramedic, nurse or doctor will assess you and agree a plan. It might be that they phone you after you have left the building in order to minimise potential exposure to coronavirus.
- We have partnered with a company called Medicspot so we might assess you using one of their devices but it will still be a local appropriately trained clinician. You can find out more about Medicspot in this PDF and this video.