SDHC has set up a Primary Care Hub or ‘Hot Site’ at Brodrick Close, Hampden Park, Eastbourne BN22 9NQ. Your GP will refer you here if they want you to be seen, but your symptoms indicate you may have COVID-19.
After your GP refers you, we will call you to find out more and to let you know what to do next. If you are invited to the Primary Care Hub, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to the toilet before leaving your house or place of work.
- Come in a car if possible. You should avoid using public transport if you can, but please do remember to wash your hands, wear a mask and keep your distance if you can’t.
- When you arrive you can park in the Tesco’s car park at the back of the building, or in the car park marked ‘staff only’. There is also a lay-by right by the entrance door which you may be asked to park in.
- Stay in your car until called or met if this is what you have been told to do. Only come to the front door at the time of your appointment and not before. If others are waiting please ensure you keep at least 2 metres between you.
- When you enter the hub, you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided and to put on a mask if you have not already got one.
- You will be directed to the consultation room or the chair outside of it. Please maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from all staff unless they approach you. Our staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- An appropriately trained paramedic, nurse or doctor will assess you and agree a plan with you.